Despite having a successful launch for its N9 based on the MeeGo OS, Nokia still abandoned its partnership in the collaboration with Intel and Linux for the development of the MeeGo project. Since then, the new start-up company Jolla took over the project and is handling the situation quite well with the expected launch of their first smart phone later this year. But the company has decided not to go with too many surprises and start on a mid note to avoid its first attempt being played around in the crowd. The CEO of the company, Jussi Hurmola, recently stated in an interview that there will not be much surprises as their first smart phone has been designed for the mass consumers. The application store is expected to offer a large no. of apps and the Application compatibility layer will be the right answer to those who doubt the unexpected number at the start-up of the store. The technology will allow users to use Android apps on the Jolla smart phone. But the OS will be locked disabling you to flash new ROMs like in Android. But the feature is to be updated very soon in the next installments by the company. According to the CEO, it is a battle of ecosystems and user interface that will decide the winner.
Jolla’s First Smart Phone To Be Released By The End Of 2012
You Might Also Like
- An Interview With Jolla CEO – Jussi Hurmola
- Jolla – A New CEO As Part Of The Rotation Policy
- What is Jolla OS? History, development, specs, ecosystem and thoughts
- What Is Jolla Mobile / Jolla OS?
- How to install Sailfish OS on Nexus 5, The easy way
- Jolla 2 Being Designed, More MWC14 Sneak Peeks & Info from Tomi Pienimäki
- Goodbye Jolla! September 25, 2016
- Re: Out of stock? September 24, 2016
- Out of stock? September 23, 2016
- Re: List of features that we all want in next version of Sailfish OS [Must Read] September 22, 2016
- Adding new cloud storage service into the accounts menu. September 20, 2016
Jolla Ltd. is an independent company, continuing Nokia’s excellent work on MeeGo based smart phones together with the people who worked on N9 development, and us being N9 and MeeGo fanatics just couldn’t resist not to support Jolla and their efforts to popularize Sailfish OS.
JollaUsers is a blog for spreading Jolla Love all over the world in which you can find news, reviews, interviews, rumors, etc.