Second article for today. Jolla is on fire this week! I wonder how many more surprises we might get from them this week!
The SDK has received minor updates and they have uploaded the new one on Sailfishos.org .
According to Jarko Vihriälä this is a paving way to a bigger update coming soonish and it’s to make sure everything on the update flow works okay.
I quote from a message that Jarko (Representing Jolla’s SDK team) has posted on SailfishOS.org:
“Updating is simple. In SailfishOS SDK IDE click on help->start updater
and it will tell you if it found updates. Updating the Build engine is
even simpler;five minutes after it has booted up, check theUpdates tab
on the SDK Control Center (behind theSailfishOS icon in SailfishOS SDK
IDE). A message “Engine updates available” will pop up-you can start the
There is the Changelog available in the next message on the same website only the next message.
The changelog includes:
Sailfish OS SDK IDE:
- ‘Copy Project to writable location?’ Dialog added when compiling examples
- Detecting right platform when compiling examples
- Multiple kits creation fixed when adding targets
- Rsync deployment of examples fixed
- Do not overwrite devices.xml if it’s edited while Qt Creator is running
Templates / Examples:
- Application template development fixed
- Updated component gallery example code
SDK Maintenance Tool:
- SDK Updater fixes for OS X
- Fixes for build toolchain
- Fixes for SDK Control Center
(Detailed info and exact package list can be found on SDK Control Center before updating)
And no other changes to SDK Emulator nor the Target.
If you want to download the SDK, just click here and you’ll be navigated to the download page.
Since this was a hot week, what more should we expect from Jolla? The full phone specs are gonna be revealed very soon perhaps tomorrow since the second batch is gonna start from then so they can attract more interest. What more? Share us your thoughts in the comment section and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Sepehr Noori (James)