If there’s one thing you can learn from the maemo/meego community, it will be that it never lets you down!
- Nokia decide’s to kill it, start a new company.
- Nokia cant support our forum (the good ‘ol TMO), make a foundation to keep it going.
- Whatsapp wont release a meego version? No worries. Its reverse-engeneering time! (Thanks Tarek!)
- Nokia wont support our app store? Lets make a new one, a better one. 🙂
- Lack of apps? Lets port android on it!
I think you got my point? right?
Yes, is your N9 getting obsolete? Cant have a Jolla? Well the community has ported Sailfish OS on N9 already!
Heres the latest video:
It has been confirmed that GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi and ‘Calling Functions’ are working!
Anyways here a little tutorial for The Curious Ones! (Thanks Mehran Nyk)
- Remember this will not harm your Meego Harmattan (If done correctly). *Multi-Boot*!
- You need to have Ubiboot Installed first
- Remember you must already have made the OS Partition for this to work!
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T in your linux distro to launch the Terminal
- In a terminal type “sudo su” (this gives yo the superuser power)
- Now you need to have the harmattan flasher
- Head to the path of your zImage
- Type this “flasher -k zImage -n initrd-moslo -l -b”
- Now connect the phone.
- It will bring a green screen, here popup the Alt_OS partition
- If it has anything inside that partition just remove it.(You can use this command to do so: rm -rf /media/Alt_OS/*)
- Now you need the Sailfish Os image!
- Transfer it to your Alt_OS partition! (heres a command for that: time sudo tar –numeric-owner -xvf sailfishos_n9_1_0_0_5.tar.bz2 -C /media/Alt_OS/)
- Now once the files have been transferred, type these commands:
- umount /media/Alt_OS
Congratulation You Now have Sailfish OS!
Now i know everyone is asking for it, but chill guys.
A fully explained, made by noobs for noob tutorial is on its way!
And also this mini tutorial was made for people using linux, tutorials for windows and maybe Mac will also be coming soon!
Munim was Here! 😀