Just an hour or so ago Jolla has published a photo on their social media showing some Jolla phones being prepared for this year’s Mobile world Congress.
— Jolla (@JollaHQ) February 19, 2014
Just thinking of it, that a year ago they went there with some N950s and demoed their pre-alpha OS with the confidence that said “Yes, this is us, this is Jolla, we are unlike others! We will make this happen!” And guess what? This year Jolla is attending the MWC with their own freaking device!! And their own software! And even more cool stuff to be announced there.
Yes, MWC is a place you go with a hand full of new stuff! But you gotta compare size and money as well. Imagine if Jolla was going to announce new devices or anything like that, no one would have even believed them!
But don’t worry, Jolla is there with new stuff and they will not disappoint anyone!
Back to the photo I talked about earlier, I took a closer look and I took my sensors to the max, so I might have noticed unnecessary stuff but anyway, if we look closely on the messy table, we might witness many things that *might* give is a brief hint of what’s coming up!
I dug the photo and I saw:
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Google Nexus (?)
- Nokia N9 box
- DNA Pink The OtherHalf
- Something looks like an ancient keyboard which has nothing to do with a modern computer! [EDIT: That keyboard is an IBM model M used by many developers according to the comments below OR it’s a Commodore made by Mitsum! so it might or might not be a hint after all!]
- White OtherHalf with a battery on top!
- And if you look closely there are a bunch of Jollas there too 😉
- 1 & 2: Are probably telling us about the hint we had before that SGS3 and Nexus 4 are the first devices to get Sailfish OS on them and it will probably be announced at MWC
- 3: Since Jolla can not officially support N9, maybe there will be some help to the eager and thirsty community? Or just plain nothing and that’s just to make us think otherwise 😀
- 4: We’re definitely gonna see more coloured TOHs!
- 5: Seriously guys that keyboard has nothing to do with that PC right there. It’s at least 100 years old! So can it be the hint of the good “old” hardware keyboard TOH? or I’m just going too far? [EDIT: That keyboard is an IBM model M used by many developers according to the comments below, OR it’s a Commodore made by Mitsum! so it might or might not be a hint after all!]
- 6: Well as far as functional OtherHalves goes, one of the very old ideas is just an extended battery that can make your phone heavier and gives it the ability to last longer. That battery might as well be there by accident *but* all of those Jollas there are turned on so basically that’s a spare battery, sitting exactly where? On a snow white OtherHalf! What does it say? 😉
- 7: Oh and a bunch of Jollas are gonna be there! 😀
Don’t forget to remind me if I’ve gone too far !! Comments section is right down below!