After nearly 6 months of Jolla’s official release of the phone, many were requesting for a WhatsApp client on their Jolla phone, and less than one month after the release of the phone, Mitäkuuluu appeared and took the lead off others if they were thinking of making one!
It delivered a good initial performance with not a lot of bells and whistles. But after a while it got bigger, better, more stable and naturally with more features.
Features including sending and receiving voice messages, photos, videos, contacts, location and a lot more!
However, the UI was never the rich UI one would expect from a native Sailfish App with all the ergonomic features and it wasn’t the easiest to use in compare to, say, the messaging app.
All the contacts were in the same page as the chats were and they would replace each other depending on who is sending you messages, The app would open itself really slowly like it was from the 80s !! The camera feature for taking direct photos without opening the camera app was broken and never actually took any photos, And the list goes on and on!
Don’t get me wrong tho, I’m not complaining! I appreciate CodeRus’s work! The guy is a genius, being only 1 person behind the *current* biggest 3rd party application of Jolla phone! Of course there are helps from here and there but practically he’s the one doing the final work! I appreciate them all.
How is the new one then?
Fantastic! It has adopted many of the actual UI elements of Sailfish, The speed is significantly improved, the whole performance is massively tuned up, all of the provided features work.
What has changed over the past? Any new features?
- Sending voice notes are much easier, by holding down the button -> recording -> releasing and sending
- Camera captures photos and sends directly
- Contacts and chats are in different pages
- Chats load without lags
- Notification light blinks green for individual chats instead of blue
- Notification light blinks yellow for group messages instead of blue
- The chat theme has been improved to look modern
- Accessing both upper and lower pulley menu became easier
- Arrows to navigate up and down inside the chat page
- Contact info is now available via a swipe right
- Can select different tones for private messages, group messages and media messages
- Can set auto download for certain sized files (e.g files up to 2MB)
- Can send media directly from gallery
Have an itch for this app? Haven’t you downloaded it yet? You can download it from Openrepos website or Warehouse application on your Jolla phone. Just add Coderus Repo and install Mitäkuuluu easily.
Oh and don’t forget to donate if you enjoyed the application, trust me, it will make the app better and better