A while ago we were promised the update 6 being released in May and update 7 being released in June.
A few days back we received some information about update #6 and #7 which were quite compelling in terms of features.
All of those were official news from the Sailfish Devel Mailing List or Jolla Italian Community Meetup with Stefano Mosconi whom disclosed new information. Now though, there happened to be some newer official news dated for today on JollaTogether forum which explains a change of plans such as combining the update 6 and 7 and releasing them at the same time:
Since the last update, we have worked on enhancing our releasing process to optimise development and integration of software. It has paid off and brought update 7 to testing earlier than expected. Weighing the pros vs cons, we have decided to directly release update 7, bringing you even more features and fixes. We believe it is the right decision.
We are currently in release candidate creation phase and expect to deliver the update in early June. While we continue to work on finalizing the update, please see below a glimpse of what you can expect with the combined update 6 and 7. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause.
- 4G support for all users (requires 4G SIM card) https://together.jolla.com/question/2135/enable-4g-lte/
- New events view sub-page for displaying Facebook notificationshttps://together.jolla.com/question/590/show-facebook-feed-in-notifications-instead-of-opening-a-browser/
- Folder support in app launcher area https://together.jolla.com/question/291/folder-support-in-app-launcher/
- Google contacts 2-way sync https://together.jolla.com/question/9444/bug-contacts-people-app-does-only-add-to-local-contacts-database/
- Personalise shortcuts on lockscreen pull-down menuhttps://together.jolla.com/question/564/personalization-of-the-pulley-menu-in-lock-screen/
- File picker and real tabs support in browser https://together.jolla.com/question/321/file-picker-needed/https://together.jolla.com/question/373/tab-reloading-browser-settings/
- Support for traditional and simplified Chinese Handwriting Recognition in virtual keyboardhttps://together.jolla.com/question/1504/provide-simplifiedtraditional-chinese-handwriting-input-method/
- Option to clear browser history only https://together.jolla.com/question/8233/browser-how-to-clear-the-browsing-history/
- “Do not track” option under Browser settings
- Clean cookies from browser
- Support for additional Bluetooth profiles: PBAP and HID https://together.jolla.com/question/274/pbap-bluetooth-profile-support-is-requested/
- Enable quick scrolling feature in Sailfish views https://together.jolla.com/question/1154/no-way-to-quickly-navigate-through-a-long-list/
- Quick access to Sailfish OS updates in Settings
- New accounts for popular calDAV providers: Yahoo!, MemoToo, Fruux, ownCould (experimental)https://together.jolla.com/question/534/support-for-caldav-based-calendars-eg-google-calendar/
Looks like the much awaited calDAV feature is on the way as well! So no more complains regarding that feature!
I can’t wait to see the new features on my phone! JollaUsers team really appreciates Jolla’s hard work to get things done and making the best phone to be the perfect phone!