(Featured image is for update 9)
The 10th milestone is being reached as we also get closer to having a nice birthday for Jolla’s actual release date (November 27th, if you don’t remember) and a few of the up coming features have been announced so that we can provide our feedback.
Our current focus is towards enabling update10 to be a stable OS update,
therefore ironing out issues related to memory handling is the utmost
priority right now.
In addition to that, we expect to release the following improvements:
* Alphanumeric support in device lock
* Option to keep display on while charging
* Silence an incoming call by flipping the phone or by pressing the
* Snooze alarm by flipping the phone or by pressing power key
* Enable zram in kernel
* Edit a single occurence of a recurring event
* A way to set default reminder
Our implementation: on creating a new calendar event with reminder, the
reminder time set is saved and used as default for the subsequent new
calendar event entries.
* As protection against pocket calls, block touch input until proximity
sensor is uncovered
Since this also means any proximity sensor faults will render the device
practically unusable, it will be possible to temporarily disable
proximity sensor by triple power key press.
* Device lock can be activated manually by double power key press
Apart from finalizing update10, we will start the following activities:
– start the work to update to GStreamer 1.x (latest upstream version
– start the work on platform UI scalability, beginning with making
icons resolution independent and improving layout scaling
I’m sure this is not the end of their list as it is basically the same with every update.
But at least we have this list confirmed. I have a plan to make posts out of highly anticipated features announced/requested on TJC and raise awareness in the near future. If only I had more time to spend writing here which is basically doing what I love…