As promised, volunteer users will be granted an early access to the ‘whatever the next update might be’ a week before the actual release to see if there are any unnoticed critical bugs hidden in the update that has sat away from Sailor’s eyes.
This is called the real DIT from Jolla to the users so that they can contribute and report issues.
Highlights of New features:
- New weather application with events feed integration available through store
- Browser received a new interface
- Colours in ambiences can be adjusted
- Email authentication capabilities can be autodetected
- Improved low memory handling, now swap is properly taken into account
And there is a ton of bug fixes as well:
- Android runtime should not warn on low battery.
- Can’t erase/delete selected text with Backspace.
- Cleaning of the clipboard crashes Alien Dalvik.
- Aliendalvik does not detect mobile data being connected anymore (since 5th Dec 2014).
- Switching between portrait and landscape messes up swipe gestures in Android apps.
- Alien screen orientation is wrong sometimes.
- VKB does not work with aliendalvik/android apps but works with native ones.
- Set oom_score_adj according to process importance if Sailfish hasn’t set it.
- Use ignore_ssl_errors configuration option
- Download MMS automatically by default
- Delete attachments from the filesystem
- Cancel browser requests if useragent has not returned anything
- Start/stop ntp activity when TimeUpdates property is changed
- Fix CVE-2014-9112
- Fix CVE-2014-3707
- fix CVE-2014-7824
- Fix opening a day page from dbus invoker.
- do not allow dhcp-server to change the hostname by default.
- Enable D-Bus security checking
- Added color editor and new settings layout.
- Fixed language selection popup layout.
- Add ‘Ignore SSL errors’ option.
- Add missing version for oauth2 plugin for google.
- Use QMF auth from capabilities.
- dim WLAN hotspot when roaming not allowed.
- Require 500 Mb disk space for installing the update.
- Turn on heap randomization.
- Prioritize requests that make app startup more responsive
- look up address resolve requests in a QHash
- Schedule resolveAddress immediately
- Ignore spurious iphb wakeups.
- Upgrade to 1.5.21
- Fixes out-of-bounds memory access in png_user_version_check()
- Fixes overflow in png_combine_row with very wide interlaced images
- Fixes CVE-2013-7354, CVE-2013-7353
- Fix bunch of security vulnerabilities
- Fix CVE-2013-6393
- Fix CVE-2014-2525: Heap overflow when parsing YAML tags
- Fix CVE-2014-9130: assert failure when processing wrapped strings
- Guard against overflows in indent and flow_level
- Timers for cellular icons.
- Disable scrolling to launcher area and lock screen shortcut access during boot busy state.
- Do not show busy-indicator if wlan is off.
- Don’t show launcher until boot sequence has finished and normal app launch speeds can be guaranteed.
- Detect apps that failed to load.
- Make sure to show searching & busy when no networks are found.
- Don’t pop up ConnectionSelector more often than once in 10 sec.
- Don’t attempt to connect signal to a NULL HomeApplication
- Fix crash on close regression
- Assume proximity covered while waiting for sensord to start up.
- Allow user processes to query current memory level over D-Bus.
- More robust low memory signaling
- Add enablers for evdev event mapping
- Enablers for TOHKBD and other hw keyboards
- Allows actions such as automatic DTMF signaling to proceed when outbound call is answered
- Fix CVE-2014-9295, CVE-2014-9294, CVE-2014-9293
- Fix CVE-2014-8104
- Fix CVE-2014-8964.
- Mask login information in the IMAP login logging.
- Handle SMTP response 504.
- Introduce discovery of authentication from the anounced capabilities(IMAP/SMTP)
- Mask login information in the SMTP debug logging.
- Update account lastSyncTime when IMAP IDLE disconnects.
- Fix crash due to floating point precision issues, and update poly2tri to latest upstream.
- Fix CVE-2013-6435
- Fixed SIM import
- Fix calendar d-bus call on <10 day/month.
- Don’t make RecentContactsList wait for the contactsModel
- Add text eliding and text wrap to the details page.
- fix issue #3: PDFs with mixed orientations not displayed correctly
- Adjust vm.swappiness to 50.
- Fix CVE-2014-8767
- Fix CVE-2014-8768
- Fix CVE-2014-8769
- Fix CVE-2014-9140
- Fix content height of Twitter image sharing.
- Fix CVE-2014-8139, CVE-2014-8140 and CVE-2014-8141