Today marks the public availability of Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168 Taalojärvi. This release of Sailfish OS is considered to be primarily a bug fix release, however it also manages to pack a plethora of new features in as well. Let’s go over some highlights of this release!
- Sharing options in Sailfish OS have been improved. If you are a user of Dropbox or OneDrive, you are now able to share your pictures directly to those accounts. Alongside improved sharing to select account types, Sailfish sharing options have also now been added into Android’s sharing menu!
- You can now see past communications you’ve had with a particular contact, by going to their contact card in the People’s app and clicking “Activity”. From some quick testing, this appears to provide information on calls and SMS.
- Toggling password text visibility in password entry fields has been made more consistent across the OS.
- You can now access settings relating to Events directly from the Events View’ shortcuts menu.
- Tablet users have gotten some love, with landscape support for Bluetooth pairing and file transfer dialogs.
- Issues relating to the camera as well as SD card accessibility for Android apps have been fixed.
- Restart handling of the Android runtime has been improved.
- Support for Tablet lockscreen media controls has landed.
- Virtual keyboard opening in gmail.com has been fixed.
- Focus handling after gesture-based closing of the keyboard has been resolved.
- Location permission requests will no longer appear if you have GPS disabled.
- Fixes for image metadata have landed.
- Video playback has been made more consistent with the Gallery.
- Crashes when minimizing and restoring the Gallery app while playing a video have been resolved.
- Reordering apps in folders works again. (Yay I can alphabetize my apps in folders again!)
- Shutdown view displays “Goodbye” instead of the Jolla logo.
- Improved day view layout and sync for Google calendar.
- Hindi keyboard has now landed.
- Keyboard sounds no longer break Bluetooth sound in silent mode.
- Placeholder text layout has been fixed in Documents, for languages with long translations.
- PDF document crashes have been fixed.
- Multiple fixes for the call dialog getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue where incoming calls could get automatically silenced after 2 seconds.
- Seriously people, lots of CVE fixes. You should update.
- CVE-2015-5986, CVE-2015-5722, CVE-2015-5477, CVE-2015-4620, CVE-2015-8126, CVE-2015-7981, CVE-2015-7547, CVE-2016-0800.
- Google contact sync may sometimes hang up and drain the battery.
- PC connection mode (MTP) does not work with Windows 10 in all cases.
- In some cases, pending updates for apps may block the system update. Install the application updates prior to doing a system update should fix this issue.